Friday, March 13, 2009

Kombuchaholic


I won't lie to you. I am not very good at doing anything in moderation. When I decide that I want to do some yoga, I do yoga for seven days straight and then the lust fizzles out. For the Valentine holiday I purchased a bag of red and pink M&Ms for my students. The bag somehow opened on it's own and I was left to stuff myself silly with holiday goodness until there was nothing left for the kiddos. One second I hate the idea of oatmeal and the next I'm eating it for breakfast and lunch and contemplating eating it for dinner for five days straight. You get the picture.

Well recently I reunited with a beverage that I first tried in college on a particularly hippie feeling day complete with a stop at the local organic coop. G.T. Dave's Synergy Kombucha my friends. Sixteen ounces of whackadoo, over priced, ribbon like floaters of mushroom-like materials throughout the bottle, vinegar smellin', effervescent, fermented greatness. I purchased two bottles... $4.00 a pop! This is the price I am willing to pay to be allowed to drink 1% alcohol during the work day. Upon the first few sips my body begins to tingle and I convince myself that because of the probiotics and enzymes in the drink, I am safe from the thousands of illnesses that my petri dish children bring into my classroom.

Quite kids.... teachers drunk off of fermented mushrooms...

To keep from falling in my typical lack of moderation pit fall, I've decided that I am only allowed Kombucha on Friday... at the point where it has become completely necessary to get me through the last few hours of the hell that I would equate to Dante's Inferno... though I only read a few parts of that book... it would have been a more tolerable read with the help of some shroomy kombucha....

Peace, love, and kombucha.

No comments:

Post a Comment