Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Everyone's always braggin' bout bein' vegan...


I won't lie. I spend an embarrassingly large amount of time purusing foodie blogs. I have found a line up that I enjoy. Some of the women are very witty, and all of them eat oatmeal. Due to the fiber content and it's ability to not only "clean me out" AND keep me full, I am thankful for the peer pressure to start eating more oats.


Anyway. In route to my favorite blogs I often stumble upon blogs that piss me off. These blogs are always have vegan authors who act like their little vegan poops don't stink. They probably stink more if you really think about it! These authors make everyone feel fat and barbaric. The pictures they post are typically meticulously arranged piles of spinach and carrots... something pretty for the camera. Then, in the text, they'll go on and on about how they wish there were more vegan restaurants in their town or how if they ate a bowl of ice cream they would just EXPLODE! Today I got to thinking. I'm a vegan most of the time. That's right. Full blown began 95% of the time. From Sunday until today I have not ingested a single non-vegan item. No dairy. No meat. No eggs. I haven't had so much as one spoonful of ice cream, one cookie, or one sprinkle of cheese. It is important to include that this was all completely by mistake. I in no way attempted to eat vegan and I will in no way brag about my "accomplishments". It's not that hard and you don't have to devote your life to the act of being vegan. I'm just sayin'.


You're welcome little animals of the world. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment