Monday, April 6, 2009

McMahon-San

It occurred to me the other day that I have been too busy going on about my obsessions with food and randomness to even post about the interview that I landed with the JET program. It was about a month and a half ago, but I can still remember that it went well. Aside from the question regarding my savage country and its bombing shenanigans back in Hiroshima, it was really light hearted and positive! I think I wowed them with my sharp wit and my honesty regarding the fact that I don't even quite know how to say "hello" in Japanese. Whatever... it's not like I'll be too busy learning my way around, adapting to a new culture, learning how to pee while standing up, without too much splash back I might add, in public bathrooms, making friends as to avoid an entire year of isolation, and brushing up on my Katana skills to learn the language, ya know? Long story short, the interview went well and I even met some people that didn't look like they had wet dreams about Monga every night! CHECK PLUS!



I am supposed to find out... well... NOW whether or not I am Japan bound. Each day I run to my mailbox in search of a rice paper letter or a small folded up Japanese man that will inevitably inform me of my fate. Stay tuned. I have a feeling that the Ed McMahon of Japan is on his way to my house... MAYBE TODAY!?

McMahon-San

No comments:

Post a Comment