Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Girl Without a Plan

It was really nice of JET to send me a letter while I was relaxing on a Tuesday night.  I had only one fear.  I didn't fear not getting into the program and I certainly didn't fear GETTING in.  What I feared was being stuck in limbo.  I was placed on he alternate list.  The alternate list basically means that I am somewhere on a list of people who may or may not be asked to come to Japan if one of the truly desired people quits or dies.  If I keep myself on the alternate list they can call me any time between now and December and tell me that I'm leaving for Japan.  They can give me from a day to a months time to sort my life out before I leave.  I would have the pleasure of not being able to move or get a steady job in hopes that I will be in Japan some time in the next 6 months (since the starting date of the program... for the winners... is July 25th.)  As appealing as that sounds, I will have to pass. 

What now?  Who knows. 

1 comment:

  1. I got placed on the alternate list too. I never thought about what would happen if I signed a lease on a new apartment and then I got upgraded. That's a good point. I told myself I would not accept an upgrade anytime after the initial shortlist people go to orientation in Tokyo.

    ReplyDelete