Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mesmerizing Menu


Thank you, Fried Rice Asian Cuisine, for sending me a menu in the mail. My mom did not feel the need to present me with it, but I found it upon rummaging through last week's mail. An entire pamphlet front to back covered with delicious Asian options. From Chinese cuisine, to Thai, Japanese, even Indian, and everything in between! I am amazed.

I found the menu last night while I was making dinner. While waiting for my water to boil, I looked at the menu. While my pasta cooked, I looked at the menu. While my spinach withered, I looked at the menu. Between each bite of food I scoured the menu, front to back. This morning while eating my cereal, I looked at the menu. And while eating lunch, you guessed it, I shamefully read through the menu. Each time I looked at it something new popped up. I scanned my eyes across all of the low budget photographs of the dishes and judged them with a fine toothed comb. The Mo Po Tofu looked like a brown pile of jello, but I was still intrigued.

I left a note for my mom to see while I am at the gym tonight. It reads : We must order delivery from this place tonight! It was followed by my choices and their corresponding numbers as I am certain that my mom will stumbled on some of the Japanese words. I also made a point to remind her to mention the free egg rolls that come with a purchase of $15 or more.

I. Am. Pathetic.

I think I need to make a career out of my passion for eating. I don't really like cooking, but I enjoy eating. Competitive eating is out of the question, for I have what some may call... an easily irritated bowel.... and mad stints of heart burn. Is there a future in taking pictures for menus? I have also toyed with the idea of being the next Samantha Brown. She is probably going to kick the bucket some time soon... not die, but grow too old for the bright lights of the camera. I can do that! I can be the new, slightly more cynical, Samantha Brown! I could travel the world and eat. Forget the sight seeing portion of the show or the "activities"... just the eating.

Until then, I will cross my fingers that Fried Rice Asian Cuisine turns out to be half as impressive as its menu.

Douzo TABETE kudasai
(enjoy YOUR meal)

No comments:

Post a Comment